Register on Unlistedkart
An Unlistedkart account lets you do the following things:
– Buy and sell unlisted shares
– Keep yourself up to date with industry trends with detailed research reports.
Step 1: Choose your account type
When you open the app, click on ‘create an account.’ You will be directed to the next page where you can choose your account type.
If you’re an individual
Here are the following details you will need to fill in:
- First name
- Last name
- Phone number
Once you’ve filled in these fields, the next part will ask you if you’re an accredited investor. That is, you can choose from the following options:
- Your net value/joint jet value with your significant other is over Rs. 1 crore.
- Your income has surpassed Rs. 60 lakhs in the last two years and is expected to follow the same curve this year as well.
- The joint income with your spouse has crossed over Rs. 1 crore each in the past two years and you are expecting the same this year.
If you’re a company
These are the first things you will be asked to fill in:
- Company name
- Company registration number
- Phone number
If you’re an accredited investor, you can choose from the following options:
- A business with an asset of more than Rs. 50 crores.
- A business with an asset of more than Rs. 25 crores.
- A business where all shareholders are certified investors.
- None of the above.
Once you click on ‘Continue,’ you can log in with your registered phone number.
Step 2: Log in with your registered number
Once you enter your phone number, click on ‘Continue.’ You should receive a One Time Password (OTP) on your registered phone number. Input the same code in the empty fields, and voila, you’re in!
Step 3: Buy unlisted shares
Upon logging in, your feed will show you a list of unlisted shares that you can buy.
- Click on the ‘Buy Unlisted Shares’ button and click on the card of a share you’d like to buy. Then, enter the quantity of the shares you’d like to purchase, and voila, you’re done!
- Tip: If you’d like to know more about the particular share, click on ‘Details,’ on the share card and the results will be displayed below.
- In case you have not updated your Demat account, you’ll get a notification asking you to fill in your details. Once this is done, you can go back to the home page and buy any share of your choice.
Step 4: Sell your unlisted shares
Go to ‘My Holdings’ – the icon on the bottom of your screen. The page will open to reveal your current holdings. Find the card of the share you’d like to sell, and click on ‘Sell.’ You will be asked to input the number of shares you’d like to sell, as well as the selling price. Add in the details, and you’re done.
Step 5: Buy research reports
On your home feed, you’ll find a blue card with the option to buy research reports. These reports have been heavily audited and contain information about the company the share belongs to, its credit ratings, CST compliance, and more.
- Clicking on the buy option will let you view and choose the report of your choice that you can buy.
- If you’d like an overview of what the research report contains, click on ‘Details.’